Very Inspiring Blogger Award
★ I was re-nominated for this award by Amelysse on July 25, 2014. When she nominated me, she actually thanked me for the inspiration! I was so touched by this remark that it brought tears to my eyes. I was nominated along with 14 other wonderful bloggers, whom she listed as those she admired. When I wrote to thank her for her nomination and told her that I had already been nominated for this award, but was thrilled nonetheless with her nomination, she wrote: “And you most certainly deserve it as well, thus, the second nomination.” As I have said before and can never say it quite enough, bloggers are a very special group of writers, and I am so proud to be counted among them.
★ I was re-nominated for this award by Amy on July 26, 2014. She nominated me along with fourteen other amazing people as bloggers whom she admires. Needless to say, I am very touched by her nomination and I am most grateful that she considered me for this award. Bloggers are truly a wonderful group of people, aren’t they?
★ I was re-nominated for this award by Rachael on July 28, 2014. When I wrote to her to thank her for the nomination, I explained that I’d already received this award, but was delighted and grateful that she had nominated me. She replied: “I did see you’d already received it, but I wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate your blog.” This was one of the nicest things that anyone has ever said to me, and I felt truly humbled and thrilled to know that there really are such wonderful people in the world.
I cannot express how honored and grateful I am to know that I am felt worthy of this award. Writing is a joy for me, so to be awarded for it in this manner truly touches me. I hope that I continue to deserve the title.
* As a recipient of this award, there are a few things that are asked of me:
- Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you. (DONE)
- List the rules and display the award. (DONE)
- Share seven facts about yourself. (BELOW)
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. (DONE)
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. (DONE)
AND SO NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, TO SATISFY REQUIREMENT #3, I’D LIKE TO SHARE SEVEN FACTS ABOUT MYSELF: (whether or not you consider them interesting is up to you)
1. My favorite quote comes from Leo Buscaglia and is this: “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” By the way, I LOVE quotations!
2. When I was growing up, I wanted to be a nun, until I found out that if I became a nun, I couldn’t be a mother, so I decided against it. I know I made the right decision! I wouldn’t trade my husband or kids for the world and I don’t know if I could go through life on my knees, anyway.
3. Our oldest child, our son, is adopted, which is not unusual in itself. Here’s the unusual part. Before we adopted him, I had been pregnant, but miscarried. Eight years later we adopted our son. His birth date is the same birth date that my baby (the one I had miscarried) was due on (only eight years later.)
4. I am still good friends with the very first friend I ever made in 1960. Even if we don’t see each other for a couple of years, when we do, it’s as though we just had coffee yesterday.
5. The first story I ever wrote was when I was in the third grade and it was about me being the kitchen sink. This was the beginning of a lifelong love affair with writing for me.
6. I am scared to death of heights. I never used to be afraid of heights when I was younger, but as I’ve grown older, I’ve become more frightened by them, even to the point where it scares me to even stand on top of a kitchen chair to reach something on the top shelf of a cupboard. Maybe it’s because as I’ve grown older, I’ve grown wiser; at least, I like to think that’s the reason.
7. A few more facts: My favorite season is the fall because of the beautiful colors of nature that we have here in Minnesota; my favorite color is pink – any shade of pink will do; and my favorite food is chocolate – naturally. And one more random fact – I’m just learning how to play the piano after waiting a lifetime to do so (and since I already told you that the first friend I ever made was in 1960, you can probably guess how old I am!)
AND NEXT, TO TAKE CARE OF REQUIREMENT #4, WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE PART OF ALL, I HEREBY NOMINATE THESE WONDERFUL BLOGGERS FOR THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD. THEY DESERVE IT:
1. Awsome, Blossom, and Beautiful: For beautiful poetry and gorgeous images.
2. Perspectives on Life: For wonderful poems and photos.
3. Gut Honest Faith: For unwavering faith.
4. The Wandering Poet: For finding the poetic in every facet of life.
5. Prairie Views: For great variety in blogging.
6. The Flavored Word: For being entertaining and amusing.
7. Robert Jepson: For beautiful writing.
8, Kate Murray: For writing that touched my heart.
9. Ronovan Writes: For good, honest writing.
10. Flowers and Breezes: For wonderful writing and fabulous artwork.
11. Genusrosa: For a blog that is a delight to read.
12. Thoughts from the Front: For a blog that makes me think.
13. Life Lessons: For wonderful poetry.
14. Willow’s Corner: For writing honestly.
15. Living on Borrowed Days: For beautiful writing.
As I said before, I am most humbled by and grateful for this award. It’s amazing to know that I’m being recognized for something that I absolutely love doing. But I think what I enjoyed the most about receiving this award was that I was able to nominate fifteen more deserving bloggers who need to be recognized and know that they are an inspiration to me.
So, keep on doing what you do best. And remember:
“Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” ~ Leo Buscaglia