One Lovely Blog Award
★ I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by my lovely friend and fellow blogger, Madhura Dabholkar on July 18, 2012. When she gave this to me, she wrote: “Just wanted to say that I thought your blogs are really good. So much so that I thought it should win this award!”
And I must admit something to you right off the bat. I was presented with this award in June of 2012 and it is now July of 2014. But I was fairly new to blogging then, and I didn’t realize that I was actually being given the award, not just being nominated for it, so I didn’t do anything with it. However, I DO remember how thrilled I was to receive a blogging award. I had never received an award before, so you can imagine the excitement I felt.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I was given another blog award by someone else, and it was then that I realized that this award that Madhura nominated me for back then was actually given to me, so I have decided to take this time now to go back and do something about it, like I should have done when I first received it. So this is just me going back to set things right. I thanked Madhura back then, but I would like to thank her again now.
★ I was re-nominated for his award on August 21, 2014 by Love Happy Notes. When she nominated me she said: “Love the blog and that’s why I nominated you for the “One Lovely Blog Award”! Receiving an award from a fellow blogger always means so much to me, but to receive an award again means even more. Thank you, again, my blogging friend!
★ I was re-nominated for this award on October 13, 2014 by Amy. When she nominated me, she wrote: Hey there! 🙂 I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award because I think you’re awesome. I’d like to thank Amy for her kind words because I do so appreciate them. It’s always so nice to hear them from a fellow writer.
This was my very first blogging award, and as such, it will always remain special to me.
* Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (done)
* Share 7 things about yourself. (see below)
* Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire. (see below)
* Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know. (done)
Okay, so here goes. I hope you will find these seven facts about me interesting. I’m going to tell you seven things about me that you may not find in my “About the Author” page, so if you are reading this, then you will find out some things about me that others may not know. Aren’t you lucky?
1. I was born the middle child of seven children. But even though I was the middle child, I was also the oldest child, in a way. Because there were seven years between and my older brother, and I then had three younger sisters; thus my dual birth order. Maybe that’s why I’m a little mixed up sometimes!
2. I can play five musical instruments: Flute, guitar, organ, piano, and … accordion (can you believe that?) I’ve just begun learning the piano at the age of 57 (a lifelong dream of mine) and began taking piano lessons in February of 2014. They say it’s never too late to learn. I’m having a marvelous time!
3. When I was five, it was recommended to my parents by the school system that I skip kindergarten, but they wouldn’t let me. I believe this was probably for the best. I do believe that God has a plan for all of us, and if I had skipped kindergarten, who knows? Maybe I wouldn’t have met my husband when I did … and that would have been very sad for me.
4. I believe that I missed my true calling in life. It is true that I loved my job as a registered nurse in the operating room, where I worked for over twenty-five years; however, if I could do it all over again, I would have listened to my high school counselor and become a teacher. I think I would have loved teaching first graders. But I realized this far too late in life, and sometimes it really is too late to go back and change things.
5. I love puzzles; any kind of puzzle will do – jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, anagrams, cryptograms, sudokus – you name it, I’ll try to solve it. At one point during our marriage, I went through a jigsaw puzzle phase and I’m sure I had collected over 50 jigsaw puzzles in boxes down in our basement. My husband got tired of constantly stacking and restacking them so when we had a garage sale one summer, and before I could stop him, he sold all of them! So I just started doing crossword puzzles next … Who knows what my next puzzle obsession will be?
6. One of my favorite hobbies is quilting. I have an entire sewing room set up just for me. Believe me, I had to wait a lot of years (until our children started to move out) before I could finally get a room of my own to dedicate to just this purpose. I have bins and bins of quilting fabric. And that’s another thing that I love to collect – quilting fabric. To me, there’s nothing quite like the smell of fresh new fabric and there’s nothing like the colors and patterns – it’s a veritable feast for the eyes. And I can spend hours and hours searching for just the right quilting pattern. I like to make quilts and give them to loved ones and friends as gifts. To me, that’s the best part of all.
7. I believe every person on the planet has a purpose and to be able to discover your purpose and carry it out is a worthwhile endeavor. It is what makes life worth living. It is what makes us want to get up each day and live, really live. And I think that if you don’t have a purpose, then your life will be very sad, indeed. As Robert Byrne said: “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.”
So, there you have it. But, enough about me. Now comes the best part of all. The bloggers that I would like to nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
1. The Wizard’s Word: For her spot-on poetry.
2. Pigspittle, Ohio: For such smart writing.
3. Duniya Ku: For beautiful photos and stories.
4. Forty, c’est Fantastique!: For writing that is a joy to read.
5. Finding our Spirit: For an entertaining blog.
6. The Silver Leaf Journal: For beautiful writing.
7. Written on Pavements: For lovely poetry.
8. The Borderline Personality Bliss and Mess: For writing courageously.
9. Finale to an Entrance: For very creative writing.
10. A Lot From Lydia: For writing that paints wonderful pictures.
11. Psychologist Mimi: For beautiful photos and stories to go with them.
12. Bohemian Gypsy: For a great variety blog.
13. Serendipity: For wonderful writing.
14. This Blog Needs a Title: For writing that made me laugh and think at the same time.
15. From Balderdash to Epiphany: For poetry that always packs a punch.
And those, my friends, are the bloggers who deserve this most awesome award, each for their own special brand of blogging. Be sure to visit their blogs. I know that you will enjoy them as much as I do.
Again, I am most grateful for this wonderful award and will always cherish it and proudly display it, especially since it is my first blogging award. To be given an award for doing something which I love to do – writing – is like icing on the cake for me, and I am humbled to think that someone believed that I deserve such recognition.
Remember: do what you love to do, and if that’s writing, then keep on doing it, no matter what anyone else says. All you need to do is to please yourself, because in the end, that’s all that really matters.