★ I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend and fellow blogger, Andy Lawson on July 24, 2014. In his email to me, notifying me that he had nominated me for the award, he said that he hoped I was as thrilled as he was to receive this award, and not only was I thrilled, but I was ecstatic!
★ I was renominated for this award by Sue on July 26, 2014. It’s wonderful to be nominated for an award, but to be nominated for the same award again and by a different person? Why, there are no words to express my gratitude. To be nominated once was a great honor, but to be nominated twice is absolutely incredible! I truly do believe that bloggers just may be the most wonderful group of writers that exist!
★ I was renominated for this award by Sarah on May 8, 2015. I’d like to thank Sarah for her thoughtfulness in nominating me. It’s always a joy to know that my fellow bloggers appreciate the words that I write, for they come from my heart and to be rewarded for doing so is just icing on the cake!
★ I was renominated for this award by Rameesha on May 10, 2014. I am truly honored to be nominated again for this wonderful award, and as they say: “My cup runneth over.” I’d like to thank Rameesha for her kind nomination. As always, it is an honor to be nominated.
I am very grateful and humbled to receive this award. It is inspiring to be counted among the list of the other bloggers who have been nominated for this marvelous award, and I think it’s wonderful that I am now able to pass this award on to other bloggers.
* As a recipient of this award, there are a few things that are asked of me:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award. (DONE)
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog. (DONE)
- List 11 facts about yourself. (SEE BELOW)
- List your nominees. (DONE AND THEY HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED)
Now, let’s see if I can come up with eleven (wow, that’s a lot) facts about myself that you might not have read in my blog yet!
1. I am a Virgo. I’m not saying that I hold too much store in zodiac signs; however, the qualities that I do have which are typically said to be Virgo traits are these: I am observant, reliable, precise, and helpful. Unfortunately, I can also be skeptical and inflexible.
2. My favorite number is the number 8. I’m not really sure why, but I love the number 8. And I much prefer even numbers over odd numbers. My oldest daughter Sarah also has this preference for even numbers over odd numbers. I know – it’s odd, isn’t it? (sorry, no pun intended!)
3. I’ve only traveled outside of the U.S.A. one time in my entire life, and that was when my husband and I took a cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary. We cruised to Mexico and visited Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas.
4. If I could travel to any place in the world, I would love to go to Rome, Italy. I have always wanted to go there. I’d love to see the architecture, the churches, and all the tourist attractions. I’d love to taste the food and immerse myself in the culture.
5. The thing that I’m looking forward to the most in my future is being a grandmother. Now that our oldest daughter is married, I can hardly wait to hold a grandchild. After all, I am pushing 60! LOL!
6. When I was sixteen, I was crowned the Princess of Snowflakes for the St. Paul Winter Carnival. I’ll bet you didn’t know you had royalty among you, did you? Believe me, it was not based on beauty, more on achievements and accomplishments, but it was still an honor just the same.
7. I graduated in the top 5% of my high school class, which was composed of 727 seniors.
8. I didn’t learn to drive until I was twenty-one, and my husband taught me (I had to take the driving test twice before I passed – just couldn’t get the hang of parallel parking).
9. I am scared to death of heights! I don’t even like to stand on the top of a chair to reach something.
10. I love to play any kind of trivia games. Last summer, my son-in-law challenged me to see who was the best Trivial Pursuit player because he’s an excellent trivia player. We had the whole family over for this challenge between him and me. There were snacks and drinks and referees. Everyone even dressed up for the occasion. It was quite an evening. And what a game it was! We were neck and neck the entire time, and it could have gone either way, but it all came down to the final question – either one of us could have won. And guess who won? That’s right – YOURS TRULY!!!! It was so much fun! And now I have bragging rights! Of course, now all he ever talks about is having another challenge so that he can take the title away from me, and I just smile and say: “Any time, Son. You just name the date and time. I’m ready whenever you are.” Hee-hee. It’s great!
11. Last, but not least – if you’ve read my blog at all, you would know that I’m now learning how to play the piano and I practice every day faithfully – at least two times, and sometimes three times a day. So here’s what my final bit of information about me is: I can now play My Favorite Things and believe me, it took me quite a while to perfect that piece!
So, that’s enough about me. Here’s something that is even more important. Now I get to nominate some deserving bloggers for this wonderful award. And my nominations are:
10. Daily Musings (I apologize for not knowing this lovely blogger’s first name)
So there you have it. These wonderful bloggers deserve to be nominated for this award, and I hope that they are as thrilled as I am to have been nominated. Please be sure to visit their blogs. If you click on their names, you will be taken straight away to their blogs. I know you will enjoy reading their writing as much as I do.
Again, I’d like to thank those who have nominated me for this award. It’s always an honor to be recognized by a fellow blogger, especially for something that I absolutely love doing – writing. It’s always wonderful to do what you love to do, and then to be rewarded for doing it. Why, that’s even better, don’t you think?
And remember: dream big dreams, commit to your true passion, and you will learn to fly!